Part of the "Parc Hosingen" municipality
The village Wahlhausen (Wuelëssen in Luxembourg) is called Walëssen by its residents. It lies at an altitude of 524 m and is located in the north of the country, in the district of Diekirch and the canton of Clervaux.
Where once the old village church stood, there is now a small chapel serving as a memorial to the victims of war and destruction thereof. Wuelëssen has approximately 380 inhabitants and it is interesting to note that in 1878 the village had 309 inhabitants and even in 1848 it had only 50 less than the current population.
The village children go to school in the park Hosingen, which was in the years 1970 to 1984 a natural park with an area of approximately 150 hectares.
The government then decided to buy a large part of the land and to build a primary school in the middle of the park. Until now children continue to visit the school.
Since the merger on 1 January 2012 Wahlhausen is managed by the Town Park Hosingen.